37 HOURS PER WEEK
ANNUAL SALARY: £20,000 – £23,000
(depending on qualifications and experience)
ATTRACTIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
The Bedford Group of Drainage Boards manage surface water in the Upper River Great Ouse catchment, from North Oxfordshire, through Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes and Bedfordshire to Huntingdon. We are actively involved in maintaining and improving watercourses and liaising with planning authorities about flood risk, sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) and development.
We are now looking for an Administration Assistant to join our small friendly team. The work is interesting and varied with the opportunity to train for professional qualifications. Your role will involve all matters relating to the administration and organisation of Board functions and Meetings.
We recognise that this role may attract candidates from across a number of disciplines and as such would encourage candidates to submit applications if they meet the following criteria:
• Pleasant and confident telephone manner.
• Ability to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines and to remain calm under pressure.
• Well-developed written communication skills (including report and letter writing).
• Well-developed spoken communication skills
• A methodical approach to work, demonstrating an attention to detail as well as an accuracy in record keeping.
• Ability to competently use computer software such as Microsoft packages (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer).
• Ability to work well with others at all levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to use social media channels for example, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
• A full and valid UK driving licence.
The appointment is for a full-time role but part-time will also be considered. You will have access to the Local Government Pension scheme together with 22 days holiday rising to 26 after 6-years in addition to 4 Statutory Days and 8 Bank Holidays.
For more details about this position, see the job description and person specification below, contact Alice Smith on 01234 767995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions regarding the opportunity.
Please return your completed application form by email to Contact@idbs.org.uk, alternatively by post to Alice Smith, Vale House, Broadmead Road, Stewartby, Bedfordshire, MK43 9ND
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24 November 2021.
We look forward to receiving your application.